Olive Wood Serving Set with Batik Bone Handles
Artfully carved from a single piece of wild olive wood using simple hand tools, this rustic pair of wooden salad servers showcase the beautiful natural wood-grain, contrasted by handles featuring traditional batik African art. The server handles are from highly polished and sanitized cow bone, sourced from natural causes. Patterns will vary.
Each piece is approximately 10-inches in length, and the handle is painted by hand. Due to the hand carved nature, actual size may vary by up to an inch.
- Care: Hand wash only. Periodically treat wood with food-grade mineral oil or olive oil to maintain their beauty and luster.
- 2- Piece Set
Because these are made by hand using rudimentary hand tools, no two are identical and variations are to be appreciated and enjoyed by the consumer.
- Socially responsible product assortments that is empowering consumers to purchase according to their values and help alleviate poverty.
- Fair Trade is so much more than a product assortment. It's about safe workplaces, fair wages + community investment for factory employees.
- Package includes: 1 Set
- Colors: Natural
- Materials: Ethically handmade in Kenya from wood and bone
- Dimensions: 9 to 11 inches long; 2.5-inches to 3-inches wide
Story Behind the Art:
The bone is "batiked" which is an age old art process used in Africa. The patterns are applied by placing wax on the white bone and dipping the bone into a dark brown/black dye, resulting in the beautiful African mud cloth designs. Patterns will vary.